Translate

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Ghibli Exhibition Jakarta 2017 Part 2



Finally 3 weeks after my first visit to Ghibli Exhibition in Pacific Place, Jakarta I visit this exhibition again. But, now with complete installation. Actually, compare to my first visit, the only big difference is the 2D exhibition which contains of the movie's poster, the real sketch from hayao miyazaki, and others. Unfortunately, we're not allowed to take any photo in this area.
Other installation that finish on my second visit is The forest from Mononoke Hime movie, and The big castle, from Castle in The Sky movie. Here are some pictures.

From Castle in The Sky (Back  Side)

From Castle in The Sky (Front Side)

Overall, my experience on this exhibition is GREAT! I wish I can visit the real ghibli museum or theme park someday in Japan. Also, I realize that so many talented artist in Indonesia, just so you know all of the installation was made by young generation of Indonesia. They must be working really hard, and from Ghibli side they totally love the exhibition in Jakarta. Ghibli ask Indonesian team to bring back the installation they made to Japan. But, I read from their instagram post @theworldofghiblijkt they couldn't make it because it's too difficult. Therefore, they left some of the installation in Pacific Place, Jakarta and (so sad) destroy some of them as well. I couldn't imagine how the artist would feel 😞 Anyway, I think that's part of their life as an artist (?)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post

Behind the Environmental Headlines

I have a job that requires me to work from 8AM until 5PM and my journey everyday to get to the office really lead me into something tha...

Recent Posts

Instagram