Translate

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Behind the Environmental Headlines


I have a job that requires me to work from 8AM until 5PM and my journey everyday to get to the office really lead me into something that I always care about 'environment'.
I have an interest on environmental issues since High School. I can't really remember the reason why, but what I can remember is when global warming became a topic on my last year in Senior High School, it really light something up on me. I want to know more, my curiosity was at the peak, and I even love to watch documentaries on National Geographic Channel.

So, why I want to bring this kind of issue on my blog? Actually, I read a book written by Paul Fleischman the tittle is EYES WIDE OPEN: Going Behind the Environmental Headlines and I have to say that this book really gives a lot of answers that I've been curios about all this years about environmental issue. (Well, I know I still need to read a lot of different kind of books from various authors or science journal)

Paul explains everything related to environmental issues by using politics, pscychology, and history. There are some structural chapter that will help common people to understand about environmental issue from his book.
1. Noticing: This will help you to understand what's really going on
2. Perception: Explain about behind the headlines and talking heads
3. Defense Mechanisms: You will know why people tend to create some denials on environmental issues
4. Systems: The pluses and problems of people and power
5. Attitudes: Explain about science, progress, some lose controls
6. Eyes Abroad and Ahead: Conflict, Fixes

Not only that, he also put a lot of sources from websites or books if you are curios about what he explains about. I have to say, I'm so grateful that I found this book. I hope it will help me to make my essay. 

A lot of people that I know tend to deny or skeptic about environmental issues. Which I got the answers why they act like that by reading this book. I will explain more about this topic on my next post. Currently, there are some chapter from this book that I re-read and need to think about. Well, I'll do my best to raise the awareness about this issue. Why me? Because who else.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post

Behind the Environmental Headlines

I have a job that requires me to work from 8AM until 5PM and my journey everyday to get to the office really lead me into something tha...

Recent Posts

Instagram