Translate

Friday, June 2, 2017

Out of Control


Pollution. It is something that I have to deal with, everyday. Here, in the capital city of Indonesia, Pollution is become one of our biggest problem, but no one take it seriously. Why no one is taking this problem seriously? Well, let's break down the problem based on my own experience, thought, and research.

Jakarta, is more like a bussiness city not a government city. If you work here, you realize that everything is going so fast. Even, I experienced it mysef. For me, Who lived in the suburbs, I have to wake up more early in the morning than anyone else (But, I do realize most of people who work in Jakarta city are lived in suburbs) to catch a bus and to avoid being late in the office. Because, the traffic here is SUPER unpredictable. For some people taking a public transportation is not so comfortable. Sometimes, we don't get a seat and we have to stand for an hour or more, we have to smell something that we shouldn't smell, and etc. But, the main issue related to pollution is that people who live in suburbs mostly their area is not cover by proper public transportation, therefore this  middle-upper class citizen is taking their own car.

Government already do something for making this middle-upper class citizen to take a public transportation instead of their own. MRT and LRT are the most famous project recently, because we can see the construction everywhere (Everywhere means the road that I passed by everyday (?) :p)
A lot of construction make tremendous effect on the road. The traffic will be super super bad. But, everyday I always try to remind myself that Jakarta will get better soon.We just have to be patient. Right. Patient. I truly have a big expectation about this.

This experience is also become a turning point into my life. About what I want to do in my life. That is why I want to make this paragraph, just to remind me when I forgot, when I got lost, when I need to refresh my soul. Believe it or not, I love to re-read my diary.. and maybe some of you also do the same thing. :)









No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Post

Behind the Environmental Headlines

I have a job that requires me to work from 8AM until 5PM and my journey everyday to get to the office really lead me into something tha...

Recent Posts

Instagram